Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2018

A Peek Inside the Studio



As I celebrate my 3rd year inside the studio things are getting a sprusing up.

I have learned so much about myself as an artist and photographer during this time. I have also learned a lot about what my clients needs are and how I can best serve them.

I want a client to feel valued and welcomed when they arrive and I will do my very best to create not just amazing images but also a memorable experience for them while they are here.

Well my studio was not reflecting this...My prop stash was taking over and making the space feel cluttered and messy.

Not to mention as part of my journey I have realized many of the props are not truly my style or represent my work. That being said the huge undertaking of culling and destashing of unused items is underway.

BUT most excitingly, is we have FINALLY built a designated prop closet. Which in turn makes for a designated waiting room for my valued clientele.


Keeping true to my style the new look is Shabby Country inspired, and I am sure you will agree a very inviting space indeed...With the addition of drapes, the waiting area will double as a changing area as well....We still have a few touches to add here and there but I am excited to invite people in to my new little slice of "Our Country Home"


This piece is not only GORGEOUS and functional but means a great deal to me...It belonged to my FIL before he passed and I was trusted by my MIL to give it a new look and new life as a place to keep all my "bits and pieces" I need during my sessions...From bobby pins, hair pieces to posing bag clamps, you name it, there is a draw or cubby hole in this rolltop desk.



During the sorting process I gathered together all my lovely maternity pieces...This is but a peak at the selection I have pulled for an upcoming Mini Maternity event for next weekend...I supply the Wraps, Robes and Gowns, and also have on hand some pretty shiny accessories to add those finishing touches to each mommy to be...It is all just part of the service offered in the studio.

Blessings Kelsie

No comments: